- Get the Info! Learn how to enter and find your local program for your region’s guidelines and deadlines. Our Regional Requirements and Deadlines.
- Create an Account! Once your masterpiece is complete, create your Scholastic Awards account and upload your work. Your account will be your creativity command center!
- Stamp It and Send It! Sign your submission forms and then mail them off with your submission fee to your local program.
- Categories including Photography - Category Description
Images captured by either an analog or digital camera.
Examples (including but not limited to)
Black and white photographs, color photographs, digital or analog photographs, photograms, other experimental photography, etc.
- Digital Art – Category Description
Computer-generated artwork OR artwork captured digitally and heavily collaged or manipulated to produce a new image.
The production of digital art relies heavily upon computer software such as Adobe Photoshop. Works that are digitally collaged, cloned, layered, merged, distorted, or heavily manipulated with computer software must be submitted in the Digital Art category.
The Future New Creative Challenge asks students to produce work that challenges the boundaries of the Scholastic Awards’ current categories.
Future New means on the cutting edge of creative practice. Work submitted to this category should address the issues and concerns of our time through conceptual, social, or political content. Work can be executed as—but is not limited to—installation art, performance art*, interactive text, sound art, re-purposed materials, or new and applied technologies. Along with the work, the student must submit a written statement that describes in detail the processes used to create the work and/or relevant content that situates the work as innovative. A Future New work must be both thought-provoking and reflect creative excellence.
Send Future New Submission Forms to:
ATTN: Future New
New York, NY 10012